Peter Prianti - 1942
1942: Peter Prianti
44 Georgia Street, East Northport, New York 11731
- My uncle on my mothers side.
- Peter Prianti - Born in New York.
- Born November 17th, 1923, killed in action July 11th, 1944 .
- Peter was drafted into the U.S. Army and was a foot soldier in the infantry. He served our country in World War 11, he was killed at St. Lo which was part of the Normandy invasion of France. The family had his body returned to the U.S. from France where he had been burried, he received the Purple Heart, he also had the Sharpshooters medal and Riflemans medal. Peter was 21 years old when he was killed in action. The letters "ph" are engraved in the upper right hand corner of his tomb stone and nobody knows what they stand for.
- Peter is buried at Pinelawn National Cemetery, Pinelawn, NY.