Natural Fieldstone Wall and Planting
2003: Natural Fieldstone Wall and Planting
Fort Salonga, NY
ITEM- SWP - 10
- Stage 1 - Complete renovation of front beds included removal of: old shrubs, roots, stumps and grass. All original debris was hauled to land fill and discarded.
- Stage 2 - Drywall Construction using a Natural Fieldstones having brown and beige colors. Giving the landscape a natural effect while still complementing the existing walls on the property.
- Stage 3 - Planting design was broadly evergreens species. Typical types of shrubs used here were: Gold Thread Cypress, Douglas Fir, Azalea, Rhododendron, Holly (Blue Boy) and Variegated Japanese Andromeda.
- Stage 4 - Woodchips were latter spread throughout all beds for weed barrier.
- All planting material was hand picked from local growing farms of this region to insure proper growth for our climate conditions.